Sunday, April 28, 2024

Chuck Marshall's Humble Opinion Published Orlando Sentinel

 By CE Marshall

    Dear readers-- once again the Orlando Sentinel flatters me by publishing my thoughts and ramblings.  I have to say I didn't think they'd publish this one- I'm pretty critical of them.  Also,  I'm critical very specifically not in a round about way or by implication.  I'm inserting the published cutting and below that I'm publishing my original words-  they chopped part of it out but I can live with that.  What choice do I have ?  

Thanks Orlando Sentinel !  




My Original- unedited opinion 

 Re:  Justices ponder Trump's Immunity 

     Reading your lead story regarding former President Trump I found some subtle distortions of the truth that I feel compelled to point out.  That abortion and affirmative action are precedents that were "cast aside" by the courts after decades implies that once  a  concept has been cemented into the courts there is no turning back.  Laws and governments have been overturned and changed throughout history including our own country casting off  "centuries old precedents" of kings and queens.  Time does not make custom permanent.  In addition, your comment that no person is "above the law" needs to be amended.   What you mean is no Republican is above the law.  From Nixon to Trump, you and other left- leaning media are notorious for totally ignoring the misdeeds of the Democrats but scrutinizing with a microscope all things Republican.  For example,  evidence that implicates Hillary Clinton is "accidentally" destroyed in a fire and Hunter Biden's laptop is "his own business" and not pertinent to his father's campaign for the White House.   We do have Kings and Queens today but they don't sit in palaces on thrones.  They sit in boardrooms and newsrooms manipulating the truth towards their own endeavors.   

In My Humble Opinion....  





No comments: