Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Reality TV with Real Consequences Part 7


By Chuck Marshall





Mr. Donald "Egomaniac.com" Trump - Republican (New York)

I've already mentioned Donald Trump in a previous blog that was not very flattering.  I also had a letter published in the Orlando Sentinel that was pretty clear in my disapproval.    I must admit after observing and listening to him over the past couple of months I've come to appreciate what people seem to like about him.   In fact, in some ways I find him pretty funny- which is always a good thing.  He's got a decent sense of humor and his bombastic style can be a refreshing change from the canned talk of the other Republicans.  He has certainly made the entire election process entertaining and I think both parties understand now that the citizens are not happy right now.  HOWEVER, as President of the United States I think he's out of the question.

"Why, Chuck" you ask ?  I'm going to just simply quote him.  An analysis is  unnecessary if you read what he says.  

“I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.”
Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/550112/donald-trump-quotes.html#wpTvJ78gUvwto1Xi.99
How trump became pro-life.  "I saw things with people and people that I know and it made me change".    

The Wall;  “I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.” 

On Mexican immigrants;  “When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending the best. They’re not sending you, they’re sending people that have lots of problems and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bring crime. They’re rapists… And some, I assume, are good people.” 
Read more at http://www.marieclaire.co.uk/blogs/550112/donald-trump-quotes.html#wpTvJ78gUvwto1Xi.99


Then there are his standard answer to any complicated question;  "We're looking into that" 

"The nuclear triad?  That was a gotcha question"

I'm not going to write anything else about Donald Trump because everything has already been written about him and he gets way more attention than is fair.   Fox news in particular has been his "bitch" for several months now.   He plays all the media like a fiddle.  I'm not going to be played.   Let me say this- in my humble opinion-  his candidacy has been a "horror show", "a disaster", "a disgrace" for the Republican party...."That I can tell you"...."I promise you that".   Still he leads in the polls.... For the political right wing, that's the real horror show.  


No comments: