By Chuck Marshall
Dear Wise Readers---
Hello fellow Americans-- a few thoughts on opinion polls.
1) Why are they so wrong AGAIN ? They had Biden up by 14% last month, and up by 8% over this past weekend. Statistics is a science, so is the science now wrong ?
2) Why is there no "undecided" category anymore in most polls ? We should believe everyone has made up their mind when called by pollsters?
3) Much like a court argument, survey questions can be very easily manipulated. That's why "leading the witness" is grounds for an argument to be overturned by a judge. If I'm to believe polls I'd like to hear exactly what questions are asked., not "the President's approval rating is down" with no explanation as to how the question was worded.
4) Who are they asking ? Some of these polls seem to have been asked at a the Democratic national convention. We hear "1500 likely voters across the US", but what's the mix ? How many R's, D's and I's ?
5) Most likely, surveys are being manipulated. Remember this isn't your local newspaper bloviating, these are massive, international conglomerates that want things to go a certain way. The truth is a quaint concept that they care about only as long as it's good for their profits and power. Scrutinize, scrutinize, scrutinize and don't be gullible to their narrative.
6) What can you do about it ? Ignore the opinion polls. They are a steaming pile of bullshit. Picture Mr. Burns from the Simpsons when you hear the talking heads blabbing on about what "the American people are thinking". Blah, blah, blah.
In my humble opinion.....