Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Marshall in the Middle - Regarding this Blog

 By CE Marshall 

*Chuck Marshall's Humble Opinion regarding... his own blog.   


                                                      Chief Justice John Marshall 

Dear readers--- 

     Some of you may have been following me going back a while, when I titled my blog "Chuck Marshall's Humble Opinion", so you know what the above tagline is referencing.  Anyway, this blog has always been a bit of a frustration to me, in that I'm never totally sure what direction I want to go- so I changed the name - twice- and then thought of having two blogs to address two different forms of writing- one more serious and one more humorous.  These days, as many of you may know I've been posting my book "An American Voice" per section- about two pages per post- so I can only imagine anyone trying to get clarity from CE Marshall-- it's clearly not happening.   So, as it were upon me to provide clarity- when I am posting my blogs  I will try to title it to offer direction to the topic at hand by stating "Chuck Marshall's Humble Opinion On......." giving an idea of what the topic of the day is.   I have very little patience for ramblings and tangents but I am one of the worst offenders, of course.   I'm hoping to stick with this theme;  Marshall in the Middle as the title of my blog- that does not mean I'm totally in the middle politically, it means I am open to other ideas.  I like both sides and I like to hear debates- real debates - not the clown shows you see on the networks and Cable television.   It also represents my economic background as being of a  middle class background , and my heritage which is a mix of nearly every single European country- from Spain to England to France to Russia, etc....  and 18% American Indian making me officially Heinz 57 - a little bit of a lot of different- which I think makes me more "middle American".  But of course, that's entirely debatable.    I like to think I have my pulse on the mood and debates of the nation and I hope this blog offers a fresh perspective that works to see both sides of political philosophies.  Finally, I have an ancestor considered one of the founding fathers, John Marshall which I think adds some weight to my words and thoughts as I strive to open conversation and communication between differing ideas within our country just as John Marshall did as Supreme Court justice in the early 19th century.   At that point in history, The United States was struggling to become a united country,  much like today.    You see, differences between people are guaranteed- but that doesn't mean they have to result in hate or mistrust.  We can learn from each other and grow because of the debate and dialogue.  

Sincerely,  

CE Marshall 

*Because everyone's entitled to my own opinion. 



No comments: