By Chuck MarshallA possible solution ? Enlevez leur têtes !! (JK !! :)
The United States is embroiled in a silent civil war but it's so hard to wrap your head around the actual players because who knows what or who is fighting whom ? For this reason I decided to compile a list of the top enemies of the American people, and consequently, the citizens of the world. I say this affects the entire world because we have always been seen as the leaders of the world for generations. What we stand for and fight for matters. We represent the people of the world.
Here are our enemies.
1) The corporate media- they are full of half truths and blatant deception to the people, and they would rather drag our country through the mud than see the common man succeed due to a person they did not condone and/or certify. They want to spoon feed us "little children" with their narrative and dictate to us what to think. Donald Trump, with all acknowledgment to his "bad manners" was the first President to speak directly to the people through social media. Big media could not stand that. They fought it with all they could muster and reached the point of forgetting themselves and their role. They got lost in their hatred for Donald Trump and let it spill over to a hatred for the American people. In effect and by proxy they turned into enemies of anything American. Our borders, our history, our traditions, and of course, the people. If Donald Trump seemed to like something then they hated it, almost as a direct consequence. They were driven to mask and hide facts to make him and us look as bad as possible. They scorn true journalism that works to find the truth because they are unfamiliar with such a concept. Truth seems to be a relative term and is least necessary if you have a narrative to teach the people. If you feel truth is important and integral to our society, then the large media organizations are your enemy.
2) The Political Parties- The Republicans and Democrats have been at each others throats for a century but behind the scenes they resemble each other. Yes, they have different concepts of government, but in the end they both run to the lobbyists and big business, special interests, and the media to get done what they want done. With both hands out they rush to their latest "donation" for their next "election" in a never ending election cycle of "pick your poison" candidates. George Washington was known to have disliked the idea of a political party and he mentioned it in his farewell address
“The alternate domination of one faction over another, sharpened by the spirit of revenge natural to party dissension, which in different ages and countries has perpetrated the most horrid enormities, is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism. The disorders and miseries which result gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual; and sooner or later the chief of some prevailing faction, more able or more fortunate than his competitors, turns this disposition to the purposes of his own elevation on the ruins of public liberty.” G.Washington Sept. 19, 1796.
The parties have way too much power and use each other to perpetuate a never-ending feud. The preposterous refusal to come to any sort of compromise yields goodies for whoever is in charge with pork packages at every turn. It pays to not compromise for both parties. They have spent their way into more and more power making the federal government an enormous borg-like creature where "resistance is futile". The needs of the people are an after-thought. Witness some of the most appalling creatures that inhabit the leadership of our Congress with their post 80 year old faces and bodies with not a new thought between them. They are an old, corrupt, self absorbed, greedy, pathetic, ignoble group of selfish ghouls and we'd be doing them and the world a favor to bag all their heads and gag all their mouths. If you crave true leadership that represents all of us and works to solve problems of our nation and the world with real debate and compromise, then the political parties- as they are today- are your enemy.
3) The School System - An absurd group of over funded, failure enhancing, zombie creators that do little to enhance thinking and everything to encourage "group think". Schools need to be torn down and rebuilt to teach students how to think for themselves and to prepare them for living and work according to their talents and interests not some vague idea of "success" with a degree in some useless field. We can't all be rocket scientists and brain surgeons. Be honest with students and help them identify what they really want to do and what they are really capable of doing well. In addition, it is not the role of the school to encourage any "social" movement or to demean minority students into a tranquilized mindset of believing they are somehow less than the other students. If you think the role of schools is to form thinking adults and productive citizens doing work that is fulfilling to each person then most of today's schools are your enemy.
4) Lobbyists and their clients. Legalized bribes is what lobbying should be called. Lobbyists serve the largest corporations- Big Pharmaceutical, big energy, big media, big tech, big insurance, big medical, big entertainment, big special interests ! They represent the big and powerful of our country and our world. These groups are the least in need of support from the government, but they get the most. If you think the government has been for sale for long enough and you demand they work for you and your interests- then the federal government and all their "cronyism" is your enemy.
5) Bureaucracy- The federal government owes so much money that it's literally not possible to count it. And, it keeps getting worse. Trillions upon trillions with no end in sight. Today we are nearly $30 Trillion in debt. Our children's children will know this debt How could it be this bad ? Federal bureaucracy. We have a government that is so large and it employs so many people that it would require years just to close them all down ! The unemployment would send Washington, DC and many other cities into a tailspin of economic depression. We have agencies for everything known to mankind and it is very common to find that multiple agencies essentially do the same thing. The details of big federal government would fill many, many books so I won't bore the readers. Suffice it to say, if you hate waste, then the federal bureaucracy is your enemy.
So there you have it, the Enemies of the People. May we all endeavor to fight on and end this tyranny of incompetence and avarice.