Monday, April 14, 2008

Letter to the Orlando Sentinel- March 21, 2008

I found this one rather excellent as I re-read it here. I understand why they didn't print it as it's way too critical of our fat, arrogant, complacent, egocentric, smug humpty-dumpty Vice President.... but..... I still like it.

Here it is... publised at last, I guess.... on my blog... Hah !!

March 21, 2008

"So?" was Dick Cheney's answer to a reporter's query regarding the statistical fact that two thirds of Americans say (the war in Iraq) is not worth fighting. "So"? "So, Mr. Vice President this is the United States of America which was founded by our forefathers as a new great experiment where the opinions and wishes of the people are to be held in the highest regard. "We the people" our constitution states at its very beginning to emphasize and underline the fact. Another of our documents called the Delcaration of Independence begins "When in the course of human events it becomes necessary to break the bands of tyranny". " Tyranny is what springs to my mind when I hear such comments and observe such an arrogant attitude from Dick Cheney and the Bush White House. How ironic that the Bush White House shows such little consideration for the will of the people here in the United States at a time when he constantly announces that Democracy is the real reason for the war in Iraq. "So"? "So, Mr. Vice President, I guess you profess to know much better what's good for all of us but American history will judge you and President Bush and Rumsfeld, and everyone else of that ilk. History will judge all of you who are so proud that you ignore the will of the people just as it judges the egocentric, blundering English King who minimized the will of our forefathers."

No comments: